Sunday 6 September 2009

Buy this It’s Yummy!

Episode 41

Coffee: Brazil Rancho Sao Benedito 2008
Cup of Excellence Award Winner 2008
Special Notes: Mariana de Carcalho Junqueira Cup of Excellence
Cup Profile: Caramel and chocolate with slight acidity

I haven’t done this in the past, but from now on I will be including links to the coffees each week.  I was just going to do it for this week, as I genuinely would recommend buying this, but figured that it makes sense to include it every week.

Recently there have been quite a few coffees featuring chocolate and caramel flavours.  Of those coffees, this one is definitely the pick of the bunch.  This is rich, creamy and smooth all at the same time.  The acidity counterbalances the richness and makes for a very balanced flavour.

As I have commented in the past, this style of coffee is what I would serve guests, as there are no funky flavours that will shock, just great coffee flavours but brighter richer and smoother.

This is a terrible write up of such a lovely coffee, but as I have fallen behind in the drinking as well as the writing up of these coffees, I have been drinking next weeks coffee as well as this one, and so my head is full of what I think about next weeks.  The bottom line is if you are considering buying this one then do.  If you think it is a little pricey then for the love of god don’t look at next weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment