Wednesday 29 July 2009

A Rudolph Steiner inspired coffee?

Episode 36

Coffee: Brazil Cafe Ita Bahia
Special Notes: Bio Dymanic Certification UK6
Cup Profile: Sweet Chocolate, with a smooth body and a smooth aftertaste.  A little hint of walnut with a lovely long finish

So this weeks coffee is biodynamic.  While I am definitely not a fan of Anthroposophy from the brief reading I have done, I like the idea of treating a farm holistically and so caring for the soil, the crop and the workers in a way that is sustainable and ethical.  The fact I like this from a capitalist rather than mystical standpoint would probably not go down well with advocates though.

This is a nice sweet coffee, with a lovely mouth feel.  I made one of my nicest cappuccinos ever with this coffee, as it really brought out a sweetness and creaminess that I would challenge anyone who doesn’t like coffee because it is too bitter to make this claim here.  While I think the farm has wasted their time planting according to lunar cycles, I do think that they have made a very pleasant although not world beating coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment