Monday 6 July 2009

Oops I’m Late, Time for a Double Update – Part 2

Episode 33

Coffee: Brazil Fazenda Lagoa Mundo Novo Natural 2008-2009
Special Notes: Sul De Minas, Minas Gerais
Cup Profile: Low toned acidity with a tasty hint of spice and cocoa. Date or fig dipped in sugar with a chewy texture

Back to a much more sensible coffee this week, and a very nice one at that. It’s been a few weeks since I tasted chocolate in my coffee, and it was a welcome return. I would get bored of this sort of coffee if drinking every week I think, but I instantly found myself drawn to eating chocolate while drinking this as espresso, and luckily I had some around.

This coffee also works well in the French press, giving a nice balanced coffee.  I can’t say that I got fig dipped in sugar, but perhaps that is just me.  The spiciness was spot on though, and I don’t think I ever made a bad cup of this coffee.  This was a definite change from last week where I had as many misses as hits.  But then perhaps the highs weren’t quite so high either.

No comments:

Post a Comment