Wednesday 15 July 2009

Close but no cigar

Episode 34

Coffee: Cuba Serrano Superior
Special Notes: Cuban rare coffee
Cup Profile: Great body, smoothness with a hint of roasted nuts and a spicy kick

I want to keep these posts about the coffee, so there will be one short post about this coffee, and then a small tome about my parameter tweaking.

I thought this coffee was OK, but it didn’t blow my world.  I wasn’t sure about it from the cup profile, as I don’t tend to associate body and smoothness, and I hate nuts!  As it turns out I pretty much agree with the profile,  as it wasn’t that overpowering full bodied taste that I couldn’t associate with smooth, yet was still bold and rounded.

Where I was less keen was that for me the nuttiness tended a bit close to muddiness, or woodiness perhaps, although that was something that did vary from cup to cup.  I was also hoping for a bit more punch in the spicy note.  It was certainly there, but I just wanted more of it.

All in all, I certainly did enjoy it, even if it wasn’t my favourite, and I did get better results with it towards the end of the week in espresso, as I started to play with dosing (more about that in the next post).

No comments:

Post a Comment