Monday 6 July 2009

Coffee and sweat don’t mix

This title probably not true for those who roast their own coffee, but I think the main thing I learnt this week was that I don’t love espresso when it is too hot.  One of the reasons I started doing this blog was to better understand my taste in coffee, and in doing so increase my enjoyment of it.  This week has been the first that I have found myself drinking the coffee because I knew I had to get through it, rather than trying to drink less because I was running out.

This has lead to me playing around with my “recipes” or perhaps “rituals” is a better word.  I think that one of the great things about coffee is that I get to take part in the creative process whereas when drinking wine for instance the experience is much more passive.

I think it is a real shame that so few people in the UK currently realise just how good coffee can be.  I have some ideas on how I would like to evangelise on the subject that I may develop over the next few months if I don’t run out of steam.  But given that I have been struggling to keep up with a schedule of one blog post a week, I don’t want to promise too much too soon.

1 comment:

  1. I think your doing fine, blogging is hard work and it takes some dedication.

    ReplyDelete