Wednesday 10 June 2009

Australian Skybury (Ep 30)

Better late than never...

Aroma of the beans
It took me a while to come up with what I was picking up from these, and then it finally came to me - Rich Tea biscuits. Not something I have ever had from coffee before, but not unpleasant.

Aroma once ground
The rich teas are still there, although they have moved towards the more normal coffee spectrum. There is a hint of spicyness there too.

Espresso
Pleasant enough start to the cup, although nothing to write home about. As I went through the cup I started to get a lovely spicyness, and a hint of marzipan. I'm not sure to what extent this would be improved by a better barista than myself, or whether I got all that was there.

Americano
Didn't really work as an americano for me, became a bit insipid. I definitely need something a bit bolder.

Latte
Very mellow, with a hint of spice. Probably my favourite way to have this coffee. If only I could be bothered to go to the effort of steaming milk more often. Perhaps this week I will work on my latte art, as I work through this bag.

Summary
A great novelty gift for Australians. I don't expect that Australia is about to take over the world of coffee anytime soon though. Not to say that this is a bad coffee at all, just that it doesn't have any particularly outstanding features.

Till next time...

1 comment:

  1. Good call on this one, it has its place, its not a world beater (unlike the next one) but solid good performer.

    ReplyDelete